This section includes instructions on how to provide students with access to the sample test through the e-assessment system.
How do I conduct a sample test session for my class?
You can conduct a sample test session in order to give your students a chance to experience the system before their assessment session.
To conduct a sample test session, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your teacher account.
2. Once you are logged in, select the Classes/Groupings tab on the left-hand sidebar.
3. In this view, you will see your classes. To open a class, click Select Class.
4. Once your class is open, click Start or Schedule Assessment Session.
5. Two choices will appear: Sample Test (Grade 9) and Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics. Click Sample Test (Grade 9).
6. Two more choices will appear: Start Now and Schedule for Later. Click Start Now to begin the sample test.
The sample test contains questions that will let students experience what the assessment session itself will be like. It also includes all tools and accessibility features that will be available during the assessment session so that the students can familiarize themselves beforehand.
How do I access the sample test with no account?
Anyone can access the sample test directly from the EQAO website.
To start the sample test, go to
- English Sample: https://dwod99k06nyqh.cloudfront.net/#/en/test-auth/g9-sample/340/adaptive
- French Sample: https://dwod99k06nyqh.cloudfront.net/#/fr/test-auth/g9-sample/340/adaptive
- English Sample Linear: https://dwod99k06nyqh.cloudfront.net/#/en/test-auth/g9-sample/342/linear
- French Sample Linear: https://dwod99k06nyqh.cloudfront.net/#/fr/test-auth/g9-sample/342/linear
This online sample test gives students the opportunity to become familiar with the digital assessment and its platform. During the actual assessment, students will complete two sessions, with a total 50 questions; this test is equivalent to one of those two sessions.