This section includes instructions on how to provide students with access to the sample test through the e-assessment system.
How do I conduct a sample test session for my class?
You can conduct a sample test in order to give your students a chance to experience the system before their assessment session.
To conduct a sample test session, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your teacher account.
2. Once you are logged in, select the Classes/Groupings tab on the left-hand sidebar.
3. In this view, you will see your classes. To open a class, click Select Class.
4. Once your class is open, click Start or Schedule Assessment Session.
5. Two choices will appear: Sample Test and Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics. Click Sample Test.
6. Two more choices will appear: Start Now and Schedule for Later. Click Start Now to begin the sample test.
The sample test contains questions that will let students experience what the assessment session itself will be like. It also includes all tools and accessibility features that will be available during the assessment session, so that the students can familiarize themselves beforehand.
How do I access the sample test with no account?
Anyone can access the sample test directly from the EQAO website.
1. To start the sample test, go to
- English: https://dwod99k06nyqh.cloudfront.net/#/en/g9-sample
- French: https://dwod99k06nyqh.cloudfront.net/#/fr/g9-sample
2. Once there, you will get a short explanation of how the test is designed as well as a choice between the academic or the applied version of the sample test. Click one of these options to begin the test.
3. The sample test will allow you to experience the testing process and try the tools. At the end, you will receive a report with your results.